Women in the community can access various types of support through the YWCA Mount Desert to achieve economic empowerment.
- Safe and low-cost accommodations, which is often a life saver for a woman in transition
- Sponsorship of events designed for women to market the handcrafts they have created
- Help in funding educational opportunities for traditional and non-traditional students
- Scholarships –The Ruth Hodgkins Scholarship was created as a resource for women pursuing a non-traditional course of study, offering financial assistance to women whose goals may not include a college degree. Ruth Hodgkins Scholarship Application Form
- Programming to develop money management skills